1. 1,000 words on the WIP yesterday!! I'm hoping for another 1,000-1,500 today! I'm about halfway through the novel, I think, and this is where I have to dig deep and just keep plugging away.
2. In other writing news, I finished the line edits for SPRINKLES AND SECRETS on Monday and sent them to my editor. She e-mailed me on Wednesday and said everything looks great. I'm REALLY happy with how this book turned out. The journey from idea to finished book had a lot of twists and turns, so it feels especially good to be done! I talked about the journey of this book over on the Author2Author blog, if you're curious.
3. Did anyone watch the CMAs Wednesday night? I recorded most of it, and watched some of it yesterday, and I really loved a lot of the performances. I thought Taylor Swift's was incredible. And wow, didn't she look beautiful?
I also thought Lady Antebellum's performance was fabulous. I teared up, it moved me that much. I'm so glad "The House That Built Me" by Miranda Lambert won song of the year. I LOVE THAT SONG!!!
4. Okay - totally random thing, but I need a #4. Yesterday, I walked into my younger son's closet for the first time in a while. What did I find? Shirts all over the floor. I usually bring the laundry up to my room, dump it on my bed, and call the kids to come and put their clothes away. And they are too lazy to hang their shirts on the hangers. Please tell me my kids aren't the only ones who do this. Of course what do I do? I can't stand to see them on the floor like that, so *I* hang them on the hangers! I guess I'm going to have to start babysitting them as they put them away.
5. Finally - Thanksgiving is only 13 days away! Are you ready? Mmmm... can't wait!
Have a great weekend!
Granted my girls are only 4 and 5 (about to be 6) but there solution is to shove all their clothes into the toy box in their closet so I don't see them on the floor and they don't have to pick them up, but then they apparently forget they are there and complain they have no clothes! GRRR :-) Excited for your next book, I commented at A2AReplyDelete
You should see my sons' drawers...ReplyDelete
I'm just so inspired by your whole journey as a writer, starting with picture books and great with MG and YA, too. You should be proud!ReplyDelete
I really loved Gwyneth Paltrow and Vince Gill on the CMAs! I thought it was a terrific performance. :)ReplyDelete