1. What is it with reading a manuscript like the book will be? Suddenly, I find all these things I didn't see before. Nothing major, just extra words or repetitious words or... I don't know. Just little things. So, my first pass pages are going back with lots of sticky notes today, and I hope my editor doesn't freak out.
Speaking of freak out, I finished going through it late last night. I was exhausted. But then I went to bed and couldn't sleep. I think I was having a little freak out. I kept thinking, will they like it? Don't get me wrong, at this point, I know some people are going to like my books and some people aren't, and that's okay. But those teens who are waiting for this one, anticipating it, will it meet their expectations?? Man, I hope so.
2. My oldest son turns 15 tomorrow. 15!? How is that possible, when I feel 15 myself some days? I don't know. But I just want time to slow down. Please, just a little bit?
3. While the boys and a friend and my husband go see GI Joe to celebrate, I'll be going to see The Time Traveler's Wife. I asked the birthday boy's permission, of course, and he gave me the okay. What a guy.
4. One of my favorite bands, Lifehouse, does the music in the trailer for Time Traveler's Wife, you know. I'm so happy for Jason Wade and the other guys. Hopefully that will mean big sales for them.
5. Make sure and check out Lindsey Leavitt's and L.K. Madigan's posts on LA SCBWI. They did a great job recapping.