1. Look at this cute Liz Claiborne jacket I got at the thrift store for $7.99!! I took it to the cleaners, brought it home and only then realized the pockets were even still sewn shut. As soon as I saw it, I had that spine-tingly chill I get when I find something I love and I know it'd cost me at least ten times as much in the store.
2. Some of you may see me wearing that jacket in Chicago for the ALA conference in July! I booked my flight last night - hooray!!!
3. It is amazing to me how quickly prices change on flights. I had been checking 24 hours earlier and tickets were $100 less. I am not good at making snap decisions, especially when it comes to travel! But lesson learned, when there's a great deal, you need to snatch it up, just like at the thrift store!
4. I am SO excited - the mailman brought me an ARC of Lisa Mantchev's EYES LIKE STARS. I have heard wonderful things about this book. Now that my revisions are done, I can get back to the books I abandoned and finish them so I can start this one. Can't wait!
5. Tomorrow spring FINALLY arrives - sunny and 65+ degrees! Pedicure, HERE I COME!!!
Happy Friday lady in red! What a deal!ReplyDelete
This happened to me with a pair of Liz Claiborne jeans for my daughter (toddler) and they were $48 never been worn with tags. I bought them at a second hand store for $3.99.ReplyDelete
They ended up not fitting her so I sold them on Ebay for $25. Nice eh?!
Good luck at the ALA conference!
Purple - If I ever want to change professions, I could totally be a thrift store-to-ebay seller. Find the good stuff and make a profit. But I'll stick to trying to make my writing career take off for now. :)ReplyDelete