Wednesday, March 30, 2011
What do we authors DO all day?
1) Modify middle-school Powerpoint presentation (find more humorous pictures) and figure out how to incorporate it into 45 minute Skype presentation coming up in a few weeks.
2) Outline 15-20 minute talk for B&N Educator Appreciation Night in a few weeks.
3) Answer questions for blog interview.
4) Do guest blog post for Eve's Garden.
5) Do blog post for agent's blog.
6) Do joint interview with Kim for Emily's poetry feature in April.
8) Finish reading Donald Maass' latest book and review on blog.
9) Answer letters from readers.
10) Put together envelopes with bookmarks that I've promised to book clubs, teachers, students, bloggers, etc. and go to the Post Office.
11) Finalize Powerpoint presentations for school visits in May.
12) Deliver a couple of ARCs to local booksellers.
13) Order postcards for Educator Appreciation Night. Hope they get here in time.
14) Figure out if I'm going to the RWA conference so plans on the home front can be made accordingly.
And that's just work stuff. All of the personal stuff is a whole other list.
Do you love lists like I love lists? It is such a good feeling to scratch something off when it's completed, isn't it? Of those 14 things, I've scratched off 6 things so far. Yeah, I have a lot of work to do in the next three days!!