1. A beautiful day here today. After school and work, we'll have dinner and then go to the high school football game. I love high school football! The senior across the street made a touchdown last week. It's so fun to have someone to cheer for!!
2. Looking through my 10th graders syllabuses (syllabi?) I am a little overwhelmed just looking at it all. Quarter 1 in Lit and Comp, for example, will be elements of Political Protest Literature. They'll also be learning Greek roots. I think school has changed a lot in the past 25 years.
3. I woke up at 4 am and instantly my mind went to my kids and my worries for them and my struggles to be the kind of parent I know I should be but fall short most of the time. I have to remind myself constantly - one day at a time, one day at a time. Do the best you can, one day at a time. That's all anyone can do, right?
4. I am struggling with a scene in my WIP. I want it to really say something and be a scene that people remember. The hard part, I think, is sometimes it's the little things that make people remember a scene. It's the the underlying emotion or the little details that come like magic from somewhere unexpected. I think I may be trying too hard. I may need to step back and try again, see if the magic will come in some other way. Writing is definitely an art, not a science, yes?
5. Want to smile? Want to see a real, live miracle? Go here. (L, hope you don't mind. :) )
On a day like today, I think it's important to look around and remember, there is so much good. If we focus on the bad, let the bad take over our lives, the bad guys win. So today, look for the good. Do something good for someone else if you can.
Have a great weekend all!
A beautiful post on a day that will forever haunt us. Thank you.ReplyDelete